February was a busy month at tiphub
- We had a successful virtual reality meetup along with a productive hackathon (See photos)
- tiphub companies had a great showing at Georgetown and Harvard African Business Conference
- We redesigned our website (take a look and let us know what you think!)
- Decided we’re taking an impromptu road trip in March to Tanzania, Kenya, and Rwanda.
This month was great but we’re looking forward to some exciting announcements in March!
“Ideas are commodity. Execution of them is not.”
Let us know @tiphubafrica #whosaidit
Founder community updates
Congratulations to the RevisionPrep Team for taking top honors at theGeorgetown African Business Conference Pitch Competition.
- Congratulations to Deshuna Spenser, Ceo @ KweliTV for winning 1st place and a 10K prize at the Harvard African Business Conference Startup Competition.
tiphub updates/ events coming soon
Black tech Week is this weekend in Miami (Febuary 23rd-25th). It’s a great chance to network with founders, funders and everyone else in between. Defintely worth attending. Learn more here
- We’ll be taking an East Africa tour in March. We’ll be visiting Diaspora Demo companies, linking up with incubators, investors, and other stakeholders. Right now, we have Kenya, Rwanda, and Tanzania locations booked. Let us know if you’ll be around. We can meet up!
Other events to look out for
- Africa Tech Summit London brings together 200+ tech leaders, international investors, entrepreneurs, African governments, trade bodies, media and leading ventures to drive investment and business between Africa and Europe.Taking place April 20th, we’ll most likely be in attendance. Let us know if you will too! Learn more here
- tiphub will head to Afrobytes in June! Afrobytes is an annual international tech conference connecting business and technology leaders, founders, investors, and policy experts with the fastest-growing African tech startups. The upcoming conference will take place in Paris on June 8-9, 2017, at Station F , the world’s largest tech incubator. Learn more here
- The Economist Nigeria Summit 2017 will be held in London for the first time in order to highlight Nigeria’s economic opportunity to an international audience including policymakers, business leaders, academics and finance professionals for a vibrant discussion on the way ahead. We’re thinking about attending. Learn more here
Let us know if you’d like us to highlight an event or cool articles for the next issue.